This is where we are. The coronavirus, Covid-19 is spreading throughout the United States. Business are closing or have already closed. There is genuine concern as we watch our nation and some states "Shut down". The pandemic is rule and emotions heightened. Some, have no idea how to protect themselves or their loved ones. Breathe! We are all in this together. You got this. We've got this!
If you are like me and have one or more "Essential Workers" in your home, it is more important than ever to protect yourself. I am not sure what everyone else is doing, and I am sure I am missing something, but these are the steps our house is taking:
1. Work and home unless you need gas. Everyone has Lysol wipes in their car to handle gas pumps and the ultimate wipe down.
2. Clothes are removed and put into the laundry ASAP upon returning home.
3. Shoes are removed, sprayed with disinfectant, especially the bottoms.
4. Hand washing immediately upon entering.
5. I have a diffuser going with immune and cleansing essential oils. May or may not work, but I believe they do.
6. Door knobs, rooms, cabinet pulls, surfaces that are touched often are wiped down and/or sprayed daily, as are the floors with water and bleach mixture.
7. Immune Boosters and Antioxidants taken daily through supplements and of course food. Did you know peppers are high in Vitamin C and some say higher in Vitamin C than a orange. Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Cinnamon. I always have elderberry with Zinc lozenges on hand. These are great as you start to relax at night. Allow to dissolve completely.
8. Oil of Oregano mixed with a carrier oil on the bottom of feet, covered in socks, at bedtime. It is a powerful antioxidant, natural anti biotic & has anti-inflammatory properties.
9. Black Tea with Manuka Honey. Black tea is an immune booster. Manuka honey has antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Basically, it's known for killing a host of things even MRSA! Not to be confused with Raw Local Honey.
10. Add some fresh lemons and limes to your water. Keeps you hydrated and high in Vitamin C.
11. Sanitize w/ alcohol your toothbrushes more often. Especially if you keep toothbrushes in a holder that are in close proximity to each other.
12. Practice, often, good hand washing.
13. Spray and wipe the interior of your car often. You've tracked God knows what into your personal space. You'd be surprised.
14. Burn sage if you have nothing else. Not only can it reduce stress and anxiety it can improve your mood. It is also amazing for removing bacteria from the air around you.
15. Me mindful of your thoughts and where they are taking you. It is okay to be concerned, but don't allow fear to take you over. Be proactive and practice mindfulness. Get out your bible, pray. We should all be doing this. Curl up with a good book, watch a funny movie. Take a walk and try to get at least 15 minutes of exercise into your daily routine. We all want ice cream, cheetos and donuts. A healthy meal is optimal wellness. Grab a friend as a accountability partner. Practice mindfulness and exercise together. Share your favorite healthy meal or snack. We ALL need this right now!
16. Most of all : Pray for each other. Uplift each other. Love each other.
DISCLAIMER: Talk to your licensed health care provider about starting anything new. Some alternative therapies can interfere with prescribed medications and/or cause an interaction. I am not a Doctor, but believe in natural and holistic remedies and everything here is MY OPINION.