If you enjoy giving gifts then you know how hard it can be at times to find the perfect gift. It doesn't matter if it's for a birthday, holiday, retirement, graduation or other event or milestone, most of us give gifts from the heart. A lot of love and time can go into finding the perfect gift especially if you are looking for something unique.
So, how do you find the perfect gift? Asking yourself a series of questions and writing them out on paper is helpful. Questions like:
- Make a list of the things that the person is interested in? Do they like jewelry, aromatherapy, crystals, plants, inspiring quotes, a specific animal or character. Are they vegan or do they love bacon? Are they religious or spiritual? Do they collect angels or coins? This can guide you and give you direction.
- What accomplishments have they had? Did they just graduate a class or school? Do they teach yoga, pilates or ceramic classes? What is their occupation? Do they foster children or pets? This area can lead you to looking at a personalized painting or drawing. Maybe a hanging wall plaque or a shadow box with some of their accomplishments.
- What does the person need or really want? Often times there are things that we really need or want but for one reason or the other we won't spend the money on ourselves. We will gladly spend it on a friend, a spouse, child or loved one, but we are very reserved when spending money on ourselves sometimes. Maybe a monthly gift box subscription paid for the year or create your own gift basket with some of their needs and wants along with a few of their favorite things.
- Stalk their social media. You would be surprised at what you will find especially on their Pinterest page. Take a look at their boards. Generally boards are labeled and put into categories. When pins are added we add them because we are interested in them and it's an easy way to save them for later. This can give you the lightbulb moment you have been looking for.
- How about giving to a charitable cause they are passionate about? Whether it's the Miracle Children's Network, Domestic Violence Shelters, The SPCA or supporting underprivileged children in the community, creating a handmade card, album or frame with pictures or quotes along with a copy of your donation makes the perfect gift.
Whatever gift you choose the receiver will be touched by how much thought you put into their special day, no matter what day it is. It should never be about how much money you spent, but rather the heart and the soul you put in to finding the perfect gift for that special someone in your life!